MEDICAL CODING COURSE CURRICULUM
The World of USA Healthcare
This module will help the students understand the difference between Indian Healthcare & US Healthcare.
- Daily activities in US medical facilities
- Responsibilities of Medical coders and Billers
- Career opportunities available to Medical Coding and Billing specialists
This module will help the students to learn the Introduction to Medical Terminology. Medical Terminology: Construction and Deconstruction of Medical Terms
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
- Root words, Suffixes, Prefixes and Combining Vowels
- Medical Terminology: Dividing and Combining Terms
- Documentation of Medical Records
Human Anatomy & Physiology
This module helps the learner to understand the Introduction to the Human Body and its functioning.
- Digestive System
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Urinary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Endocrine System
- Cardiovascular System
- Blood and Blood-Forming Organs
- Lymphatic System
- Reproductive Systems
This module will help the candidate with the knowledge of Ethics, Compliance, Frauds and Application of Concepts to Medical Coding Specialists.
- Confidentiality with Medical Records (HIPAA Guidelines)
- Insurance Audits
- Legal Concepts Involved
This module helps the learner to understand the ICD-10-CM
- Introduction to Diagnostic Coding
- ICD-10-CM Coding Manual Introduction
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding
This module helps the learner to understand the Guidelines, Conventions and Rules of ICD-10-CM.
- Diagnosis Coding Procedures
- Basic Coding Exercises
ICD-10-CM Coding to Infections of Blood diseases
This module will equip the candidate with the knowledge of coding Infections, Parasitic diseases, and Neoplasms.
- Coding of endocrine, nutritional, metabolic, and blood diseases
ICD-10-CM Coding to Mental disorders to Respiratory diseases
This module will equip the candidate with the knowledge of Diagnosis Coding about the
- Nervous system,
- Circulatory or Blood system
- Respiratory system
ICD-10-CM Coding to Pregnancy & Genitourinary disorders
This module helps the learner to understand Genitourinary systems and Coding diagnoses related to childbirth.
- Complications of Pregnancy
ICD-10-CM Coding from Skin to Perinatal period
This module helps the learner to understand the Diagnosis coding of Skin and Subcutaneous tissue.
- Musculoskeletal system
- Congenital abnormalities
- How to code Skin related diagnoses?
ICD-10-CM Coding to Symptoms and Poisoning
This module will help the candidate to learn the skills of Coding Symptoms, Signs, and Ill-defined conditions.
- Coding for Injuries
This module will help the candidate to learn the History of Procedural coding.
- Differentiate between CPT and HCPCS codes
- Format of the CPT Coding Manual
- Basic steps of CPT coding
CPT Coding from Integumentary System
This module helps the learner to understand codes related to the integumentary system Coding like Biopsies, Skin Lesions, Excisions, Burns, Breast Procedures and Skin Grafts.
CPT Coding from Reproductive System to Operating Microscope
This module will help the student to learn the skills of Coding from the Reproductive Systems to the Operating Microscope like coding for Maternity and Childbirth Procedures.
- Endoscopic Procedures related to the Endocrine & Nervous Systems
- Visual and Auditory Systems
- Coding for Microscopic Procedures
CPT Coding for Anesthesia, Radiology, Pathology & Laboratory and Medicine
This module will help the candidate to learn the skills of Coding for Anesthesia, Radiology, Pathology & Laboratory and Medicine.
- Coding Radiology Procedures
- Radiology Terms, Sections, Subsections and Guidelines
- Guidelines and Coding information for Pathology
- Anesthesia Modifiers
CPT Coding for Evaluation & Management Services
This module helps the learner to understand Coding Evaluation and Management codes.
- Documentation Guidelines
- Evaluation & Management Level sections
CPT Comprehensive Surgery coding
This module will help the student to understand the concept of practicing Procedure Coding.
- CPT codes specific to Surgery
This module helps the learner to understand the Comprehensive Musculoskeletal System Coding.
This module will help to understand the concept of Comprehensive Digestive System Coding.
Reproductive System and Urology
This module will contribute to understanding of the concept on Comprehensive Urology and Reproductive system coding.
Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Systems
This module will help the aspirants to understand the concept of Comprehensive Cardiovascular and Pulmonary coding.
This module will help the students to understand the concept of Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System.
Medical Coding Future
This module will help the candidate to understand the different coding resources available to them throughout their Medical Coding Careers.
- Associations, Websites, Continuing Education, and Certification options
- Importance of Coding Charges and Research
The students will practice Code Searching – ICD-10-CM, CPT & HCPCS.
We nourish students with strong knowledge for interviews for top MNC companies across India.